Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Promised Party Pictures



I've had trouble downloading the pictures from Tony Wampler's 60th birthday. But I have a party picture of Tony. Along with me and the rest of the neighborhood gang.

It's from the summer of 1959 and it was our first boy-girl party. It was held at my house and we danced to 45 records!

The top picture features me dancing with Cindy Ketron. My hand is obscuring my face but it's not as bad as the second picture where I am - I hope - scratching my nose. Tony is dancing with an unknown partner in the top picture. The group picture is, left to right, top row, Tony Wampler, Johnny Murray, Lance Harris, Jerry Woods (from Bristol) and me. Middle row, left to right, is Martha McCoy, Phil Ketron, Marcie Harris and Sara Jane Woods (also from Bristol). Mostly obscured behind Jane is Tony's brother Mike Wampler. Front row, left to right, are Cindy Ketron, Sharon Jones and Mary McCoy.

3 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for printing a picture of me with hair, no one in Ohio believes I ever had hair! We really enjoyed visiting with old friends and meeting some new ones. Looking forward to the party pictures. Vince, a super job! If I ever need an emcee I'll call you. Thanks Jim and Sheila for the race tickets! Thanks Debbie and Tony for a memorable evening. Lance

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this Phil Ketron who lived in East Carter's Valley and went to Bell Ridge Elementary and graduated from Lynn View HS in 1961? Believe he graduated from UT and worked for Holston Defense.

We are currently working on our 45th high school reunion scheduled for June. I am in charge of memorbilla table and want to print picture if this is him.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Vince Staten said...

Different Phil Ketron. This one went to Johnson Elementary and graduated D-B in '70.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home