Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vince Staten and the Case of the Goofy Hat, 1972 Edition


In 1972 I was working behind the scenes as a producer at WBIR-TV in Knoxville. I got talked into doing an on-camera interview with Olympic skiing champion Jean-Claude Killy, who was promoting something or other in Boone, N.C. And I wore this goofy hat. I have no idea where I got the hat or whatever became of the hat. And now, four decades later, I wish I had never bought the hat. Or worn the hat. But here it is. Click on the picture to watch the story (sorry, the sound couldn't be salvaged).

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear goofy,

i'm in the background in the video.
1972 boone, north carolina. it was a hapening place back then. did you know there was a hat craze there in '72, just like yours!!!. i never knew how it started.

your friend,

modine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home