Thursday, March 02, 2006


Kathy Burton in the Balcony


When it came time to photographing Robinson teacher Kathy Burton, I knew where we had to go. To the auditorium balcony. Kathy is sitting where I was sitting in 1962 when I got a detention for something I didn't do. My homeroom's assigned seats were on the left side of the balcony. We were gathered for a Southern Assembly - a magician or a ventriloquist or some such - when a kid in my homeroom, unknown to this day, dropped the cartridge from his ink pen off the balcony. As luck would have it, the blue ink cartridge landed on the white shirt of Coach Shepherd, who was in the balcony fuming in about two seconds. He herded all the boys back into homeroom and told us no one would leave until the culprit confessed. Of course the culprit never confessed. So we all served detentions.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Kerry Doyal said...

Vince . . . I am guessing that you probably got away with a few & this somewhat balanced the books ;-)

In need of grace & mercy too,

Kerry Doyal
www.GetGraced.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home