Sunday, January 15, 2006


Elvis' Song List

Kenny Stallard emailed asking what songs Elvis sang during his 1955 show at the Civic Auditorium.

I wrote about the show in my 1978 book “The Real Elvis: Good Old Boy.”

That story was based on interviews with 20 people who were at the show. According to the chapter on the show, Elvis opened with “Rock Around The Clock,” followed by “Mystery Train.” My notes say he sang all his Sun Records hits. That would be “That's All Right,” “Blue Moon of Kentucky,” “Baby Let's Play House,” “I'm Left, Your Right, She's Gone,” “Good Rockin' Tonight,” “I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine,” “You're A Heartbreaker” and “I Forgot To Remember To Forget.” While playing “Milkcow Blues Boogie,” he broke a guitar string. While he was restringing his guitar, he took off his jacket to the swoons of the girls in the crowd. He closed his segment of the show with “I Love You Because.”

If you’re interested in buying a copy of my book, it is available at Up Against the Wall Gallery on Market Street for $24.95. Or you can order it directly from me. Just email me at this address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home