Friday, December 02, 2005


Electrified Santa
In the early fifties my father dragged an old discarded Santa display home from Penney's, where he managed the shoe department. He rigged it up and hung it on our front door, creating the Front Door Christmas Decorating Craze that still exists today. I've looked for that old Santa head in the basement and in a closet but I can't find it. I loved it but of course I was only 5 at the time. I loved anything with Santa. I did find this item for sale on eBay that looks a lot like our front door Santa.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so very talented. You have a way of writing that sparks such wonderful memories in my own life. Many time's I well read your article's and find myself with a tear in my eye and a smile upon my lip's. For those of us that lived through that era, you have a way of making things seem so vivid much like watching an old familiar, much loved picture show. For a few moments I drift back in time when life was so simple. We listened for the birds to sing in the day and when the day sounds gave way to the night sounds we listened to the crickets and knew what a lazy summer evening really was, and it was cool to have a santa face on your door at Christmas. Thank you and thank God for your talent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home