Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Bad Songs Poll

I’ve had a lot of folks ask me if such-and-such a song got any votes in my recent Bad Song poll.
Here’s a list of every song that got a vote, 44 in all. I must confess I don’t think there’s a song on the list that I didn’t sing along to on the car radio at some time.:
“ABC” - Jackson 5
“Achy Breaky Heart” – Billy Ray Cyrus
"Angel Baby" - Rosie and the Originals
“Blind Man in the Bleachers” – Kenny Starr
“Breakfast at Tiffany’s” – Deep Blue Something
“Crimson and Clover” – Tommy James and the Shondells
“Disco Duck” – Rick Dees
“Feelings” – Morris Albert
“Fly” - Sugar Ray
“Girl, You’ll be a Woman Soon” – Neil Diamond
“Guantanamera” - Sandpipers
“Having My Baby” – Paul Anka
“Henry the Eighth” - Herman’s Hermits
“Honey” - Bobby Goldsboro
“I Got Tears In My Ears” - Homer and Jethro
“Like A Virgin” - Madonna
“Little Red Riding Hood” - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
“Love is Blue” - Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra
“Loving You” - Minnie Ripperton.
“Macarena” – Los del Rio
“MacArthur Park” – Richard Harris
“Maggie May” - Rod Stewart.
“Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard” – Paul Simon
“Mickey” - Toni Basil
“Midnight At The Oasis” - Maria Muldaur
“My D-I-V-O-R-C-E” - Tammy Wynette
“Puberty Love” from the movie “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes”
“Ragg Mopp” - Ames Brothers
“Rats in My Room” - Joey Reynolds and Danny Neaverth
“Seasons in the Sun” - Terry Jacks
“She Drives Me Crazy” - Fine Young Cannibals
“She Loves You” - Beatles.
“Stairway to Heaven” – Led Zeppelin
“Stand By Your Man” – Tammy Wynette
“Sugar, Sugar” –Archies
“Teen Angel” – Mark Dinning
“The Lion Sleeps Tonight” –Tokens
“They’re Coming To Take Me Away” – Napoleon XIV
“Tie Me Kangaroo Down” – Rolf Harris
“Tiptoe Through the Tulips” - Tiny Tim
“Under My Thumb” – Rolling Stones
“Who Are You” - The Who
“Wildfire” – Michael Martin Murphey
“Winchester Cathedral” – New Vaudeville Band
“You Light Up My Life” - Debby Boone
Of course “MacArthur Park” was the winner of the poll.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All bad songs for sure and worthy of the list. I will add a late one..."Blinded By The Light" by Manfred Mann. When it comes on, it always causes me to turn off the radio..don't know why, it just does!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home